Tampa Bay Area Alimony Lawyer
As part of a divorce agreement, either spouse may be eligible to collect spousal support or maintenance from the other. Depending on the circumstances of the marriage, the spouse earning the lower income has the right to seek alimony. There are a number of factors that the court considers in making its determination on a request for alimony.
An experienced alimony attorney can review your case and help to make a compelling argument for or against awarding alimony. At the Law Offices of Roberta Kohn, P.A., we have worked with clients on both sides of alimony cases. We have a complete understanding of the law and we know what it takes to help you reach an appropriate outcome. Our office is located in Lutz, Florida, and is here to help people throughout Tampa Bay.
Understanding Florida Alimony Laws
The court will look at a variety of things when making its determination concerning alimony. When you hire our firm, we will do everything we can to present the strongest possible argument to support your position.
The different types of alimony available in Florida are:
- Bridge the gap alimony can help a spouse to transition into single life.
- Rehabilitative alimony can help a spouse get the necessary skills to become self-sufficient.
- Temporary alimony can be awarded while the divorce is pending.
- Permanent alimony is usually awarded in cases involving long-term marriages.
Among the things the court considers in awarding alimony are:
- One spouse's need vs. the other spouse's ability to pay
- The length of the marriage
- Earning capacity of both spouses
- Standard of living established in the marriage
Schedule Your Initial Consultation
Contact our office today to schedule an initial consultation about your alimony case. We can also help you with any modification or enforcement issues you may be facing. We serve clients throughout Hillsborough County, Pasco County, and the greater Tampa Bay area. You can reach us by phone at 888-873-9909 or via e-mail.