PLEASE NOTE: To protect your safety in response to the threats of COVID-19, we are offering our clients the ability to meet with us in person, via telephone or through video conferencing. Please call our office to discuss your options.

Tampa Modifications Lawyer

Last updated on August 23, 2023

Experienced Help With The Modification And Enforcement Of Court Orders

Modifying a court order or bringing an enforcement action may become necessary after a divorce has been finalized. A modification may be necessary when there has been a substantial change in the circumstances of either a former spouse or a child that makes the original agreement inequitable or unworkable. Enforcement issues may arise when one former spouse consistently does not comply with the terms of the divorce agreement.

In either instance, court action is required and representation from an experienced Tampa modifications attorney is strongly recommended. At the Law Offices of Roberta Kohn, P.A., our legal team works with clients on both sides of these issues. We have extensive experience in these matters and will do everything we can to help you reach your best possible outcome. Contact our Florida Family Law Lawyer online or call 888-873-9909 to schedule an appointment to discuss your situation.

Dedicated Assistance With Modifications

In Florida, agreements involving the health and welfare of children are modifiable. This includes agreements pertaining to child support, parental responsibility and time-sharing, as well as child custody and visitation. It is also possible to modify orders pertaining to spousal support or alimony.

There are specific requirements that must be met in order for the modification request to be successful. In general, there must have been a substantial change in circumstances from when the agreement was first entered into to the present day. There is no requirement for the courts to approve modification requests. When you hire our Lutz divorce attorney, you can count on getting powerful arguments designed to support your position.

We Handle All Types Of Enforcement Issues

We handle a wide variety of enforcement issues. The majority of these cases tend to involve the nonpayment of support, but they may also involve transfers of property, custody matters and issues surrounding visitation. We can help you initiate an income deduction order to seek a wage garnishment in order to collect the money you are owed. In contempt cases, you may also be able to recover attorney’s fees.

Call For An Initial Consultation With A Hillsborough County Enforcement Attorney

If you need assistance in enforcing or changing the terms of a divorce agreement, we can help. Contact our Tampa modifications lawyer online or call 888-873-9909 to schedule an initial consultation to discuss your case. Our office is conveniently located near the Wiregrass Mall. It is easily accessible from New Tampa and surrounding areas, including Pinellas, Hernando, Citrus, Manatee and Sarasota Counties via I-275, I-75 or the Veteran’s Expressway.